Children should feel safe at all times. This includes when they are online. We have a School Internet Safety Agreement and Policy which is regularly reviewed and updated. Staying safe in the virtual world is regularly discussed in class and we have yearly workshops for the children to further promote the importance of this.
Workshops by ECP are also offered to parents to offer advice, support and helpful tips for increasing internet safety in the home, including filters, time-limits and safety settings on various apps and devices as well as some of the risks of social media platforms that you may not be aware of.
This page has links to a range of organisations and companies that provide information about how you can help to keep your child safe when using both the internet and mobile devices.
Your mobile provider's website should also be a source of useful information outlining what support / advice they can offer.
For information on apps and sites that children may use/sign up to, including information about what the app/site entails, please visit:
Below are additional links that Childnet have provided;
- Find out about apps in the iPhone App Store: apple.com/iphone/from-the-app-store
- Find out about apps in the iPad App Store: apple.com/ipad/from-the-app-store
- Read Apple’s advice about iPhone/iPad parental restrictions: support.apple.com/kb/ht4213
Support with social networking
- To find out more about social networking sites like Facebook, see Childnet’s social networking guide for parents: childnet.com/downloads/blog_safety.pdf
- Childnet’s Chatdanger site, chatdanger.com
- Offers guidance about chatting on the internet. For more advice for parents about helping children stay safe online, see Know IT All for parents: childnet.com/kia
Further useful links and information
If you have any concerns around Child Exploitation online, please click the site below to take you to CEOP (Child Exploitation & Online Protection):