Severe Weather Policy
There can be occasions when severe weather cause disruption to travel. Most commonly this occurs due to snowfall.
Our policy, in these circumstances, is as follows:
Always assume the school is open. If a decision to close (due to severe weather) is made, the following will apply;
- We will update our website as soon as a decision is made
- Send a text message to parents - please make sure to keep us informed of changes to your mobile number.
- In the case of school closure, we will also inform local radio - please follow this link for school closures in Luton: https://www.luton.gov.uk/Education_and_learning/Schools_and_colleges/term-dates-school-closures/Pages/School%20closures.aspx
- We will always try to keep the school open
- We will only close the school when roads are in a hazardous condition and therefore travel would put individuals safety at risk
To ensure that our telephone system does not become clogged with traffic, could we please ask that:
- You visit the school website as this can be updated very quickly and will display the most up to date news
- Download the app from our website (if you have a mobile equiped to receive these) so that you will be able to access information from our website whenever it is updated
- Ensure that we have your current mobile 'phone number so that a text message can be sent to you
Please do not call the office to request early collection of your child. Once a decision has been made, the procedures will be communicated to you via the channels explained above.